Thursday 9 May 2013

Day 9 of stimming + scan + taking my toddler!

Wowzers! So today was my last trip to the clinic before egg collection!

I had a good visit at the clinic today.  I have 19 follicles, 5 of which measure above 15mm so the clinic are happy.  I have to carry on with my stims for the next 2 nights and then on Saturday I need to take the trigger injection.  The nurses will call me on Saturday afternoon to give me instructions on what time to take the trigger, what time my EC will be on Monday and to take me through all the prep information I need to know.

I took Posey to the clinic with me today and (thankfully..) she was as good as gold!  The nurses cooed over her and helped to keep her entertained while I was having my scan, bloods taken and getting more drugs from the pharmacy room.  She slept most of the way there and back too :)

It felt very odd having Posey with me at the clinic as I have such vivid memories of my treatment there when I conceived her.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't well up once or twice just thinking about how much I longed to have her and that when I was having treatment to conceive her I had no idea if it would EVER happen.  Fortunately I am one of the lucky ones and I have my little miracle.  There was another lady there today who had a little boy who is 3 months older than Posey.  We chatted for a few minutes and she said she felt overwhelmed by having him there as well.  I guess it's natural to feel that way.  I relly hope that other couples (who are yet to conceive) who saw me there with Posey today felt like IVF CAN work, and that I kind of gave them hope rather than them feel like I was rubbing it in their faces.  When I saw other babies / toddlers there during my first treatment I felt like they gave me hope.

So, onwards with 2 more days of stimming and then the trigger on Saturday.  Sunday will feel good as there will be no injections to do, but I think the nerves I'll feel about Monday will more than occupy my mind.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment