Monday 24 March 2014

Nexcare Maternity products reviews

During my pregnancy with Peaches Nexcare kindly asked me to trial some of their maternity products. I was very happy to do this given it was my second pregnancy and I wasn't quite as fit as during my firstl. Plus everything seems a little 'looser' second time around so I was keen to support myself as much as possible.

1. Nexcare maternity support

The Nexcare Maternity Support is an adjustable support belt designed to support your bump during pregnancy, helping to spread the weight evenly and reduce back and abdominal pain.

The support lifts the abdomen to help relieve lower back pain caused by the increasing weight of your bump. It also helps to relieve pelvic girdle pain and improves your posture by stabilising your abdomen. 

The Nexcare Maternity Support is made from latex-free soft elastic, and is fully adjustable as your bump grows.


I wore the support every day towards the end of my pregnancy and between weeks 38-41 I felt like it really helped.  My bump was pretty big but the support wasn't uncomfortable and didn't dig in at all.  It helped me stay active chasing Posey around and almost balancing the weight of my bump against the rest of my body.  You couldn't tell I was wearing it as it was so discreet.  The belt is adjustable so will fit different sizes of body and bumps!


2. Nexcare Postpartum Support


I've been wearing this on & off for the last 6 weeks since Peaches was born.

The Nexcare Postpartum Support is a latex-free, elasticated support belt that provides gentle yet firm compression to support weakened abdominal muscles following childbirth. It can be particularly helpful after a caesarean section, or to recover from diastasis recti (muscle separation) giving security, comfort and protection for your abdomen as it heals. Fully adjustable with an easy-to-use Velcro fastening, the amount of support given can be altered by simply stretching the belt a little more or less and adjusting the fastening position. The latex-free composition and soft outer material is gentle on sensitive skin, and the belt is easy to put on and take off without help. Once in place, it sits smoothly and discreetly under your clothes, helping you return to normal activities with confidence. The Nexcare Postpartum Support can be hand washed in cold or warm water with mild detergent. It is not suitable for machine washing or tumble drying. This Medium size fits a waist measurement of 80-96cm; Large sizes are also available. Customers are advised to read the enclosed instructions carefully before using this product.

I didn't have a c-section or difficult birth and I had fairly strong abs before I fell pregnant but having carried Peaches to 41 weeks my abs felt very loose and like I had a 'mummy tummy' for the first 4 weeks.  I wore the support to ensure my weakened abdominal muscles came back together.  Having Posey meant I didn't get much time to rest up and recover from Peaches' birth.  I wanted to carry on doing things with Posey as normal - including her active clubs & taking her to soft play.  This support gave me the reassurance I needed that my recovering abdominals we're being looked after.

It was comfortable to wear & skin coloured, so you couldn't tell I was wearing it.  It even helped disguise my muffin top haha!

3. Nexcare Cold / Hot Maternity Compress

Reusable cold and hot gel compress

·       When hot: use before feeding to stimulate milk flow, unblock ducts from milk residues and help to ease breast engorgement

·       When cold: use after feeding to reduce risk of inflammation, breast congestion and bring immediate natural pain relief.

·       Can be easily fitted into nursing bra


I chose not to breast feed Peaches, as you may have read in previous blogs of mine.  My reasons were entirely personal and I have a lot of respect for breast feeding mums.  It didn't work out for me with Posey so this time I decided to reach straight for the cartons of formula!

I used the maternity compress from when Peaches was 3 days old until she was 10 days old.  My milk came in on day 3 and got really painful between days 4-6.  In fact it was so painful I took paracetamol and I struggled to even lie on my back and walking was uncomfortable.  I had no pain relief during Peaches' birth except a few puffs of Entonox so me taking paracetamol is pretty major!

Using the compress cold gave me great relief from engorgement and the relief was almost immediate.  Whenever I got the chance to day and night I used this compress and it was very very good!! If you're not breast feeding or suffer from engorgement between feeds I would highly recommend this product.  It's reusable and fits into your bra.  You get 2 per pack and simply warm them in hot water before use or put them in the fridge to cool them.


All the above opinions are my own although Nexcare's PR agent did provide me with free samples.  Many thanks to Nexcare.  To purchase products from the Nexcare range log onto their website and save 20% using the discount code 3Mmaternity01 on www.3mdirect.co.uk.


Thanks for reading, love Coco x






No comments:

Post a Comment