Tuesday 14 May 2013

The day after my egg collection

Hip hip hooray! I am feeling good.  I have just spoken to my clinic and out of the 16 eggs I had yesterday, 14 were suitable for ICSI and 11 are showing signs of fertilisation!

I am stunned.  Last time we had 12 collected and only 1 showed signs of fertilisation the day after, so we had to have day 2 transfer.  It makes me feel like the luckiest girl alive to think that that 1 egg is currently terrorising everyone at nursery and eating them out of house and home :)

What a turn around.  Buzz and I now need to keep all our fingers and toes crossed that these 11 eggs continue to thrive.  We're well aware that the numbers are very likely to fall but we really really hope to get to day 5 blastocyst transfer and for there to be more than 1 embryo by that point.

Love from one very happy mummy x

No comments:

Post a Comment