Saturday 22 June 2013

My first trimester so far

Today I am 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  Monday almost feels magical as it'll be classed as the 2 month point - exciting!!

Given Posey arrived just short of the 8 month mark, I could be a quarter of the way through my pregnancy already! I think up until Tuesday of this week I spent most of my time being worried.  Firstly about whether my IVF with ICSI treatment was going to be successful, and then being concerned about my viability scan.  Now that I know my pregnancy is developing well I feel much more relaxed and able to start chilling and relaxing more.  I really really want the crucial 12 week mark to arrive though.  Last time that was when I felt able to really chill out!

So how am I feeling?

We'll start with the bad and then get better...

1. Run down.
Yesterday I came down with a nasty, stuffy head cold.  I finally slept from 4am-8am and then 10am-12.30pm.  I felt so rough overnight and was in and out of bed all night :( Today has been spent lolling in my leggings and getting through a ton of lockets and balsam tissues.  Hopefully tonight and tomorrow I'll feel better.  I kind of feel like now 'i know things are ok' my body has relaxed a little and therefore succumbed to some pesky germs....

2. Cravings.
I'm probably a fussy eater at the best of times but the last few weeks have set me into a league of my own! It's a good job I am flexible with when I work as I can just pop to our local Waitrose and get whatever I fancy.  2 weeks ago I was all about pesto pasta with mushrooms.  Now I feel sick at the thought of it and can't get enough of Quorn cottage pie and cheese & onion crisps!

3. Nausea & extreme tiredness.
Fortunately I've only had this on and off so far but when I have felt nauseus it's always been linked to me being over-tired.  On the ads Posey is at home with me I nap when she does and on other days I literally sleep when I feel the need to.  I'm lucky I can get plenty of rest really.  My dream genii pregnancy pillow has made sleeping much more comfortable too, especially when I'm in and out of bed for wees and drinks all night!

4. The elation at being pregnant again.  I feel fortunate, blessed, so so happy.  I love being a mum and that feeling just overwhelms me every day.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment