Saturday 1 June 2013

Looking after a 1 year old while pregnant!

I thought I'd write this post as ths week I have found myself in the incredibly fortunate position where I have a 1 year old and I'm also a month pregnant again!

Posey will be 2 towards the end of August.  She's a typical 1 year old moving fast towards the terrible twos...she's full of energy because she sleeps well (always), eats well (most of the time) and we do lots of activities together - dancing, singing, reading, the park, the garden, playing with our pets, days out etc etc.  In the last month or two her vocabulary has developed loads and she repeats most words Buzz and I say now.  I could compare it to having a parrot (!), it really is just like having a mini-me.  She knows what she wants and when she she wants it.  She may not know all the words to tell me just yet but she sure knows how to grab my hand and take me to what she wants!!

I guess what I'm saying is she's not a baby anymore.  I'm really looking forward to the next 8 months or so of having her as my little friend while I bake her little brother or sister.  It feels like the timing is just right for us all.

As I type, I am sitting at the breakfast bar with a cup of tea and my iPad.  Until a minute ago Pisey was playing with the contents of one of our kitchen drawers.  She had tea towels, plastic bowls, plates and bibs out.  Of course she got bored pretty quickly so is now sitting on a barstool next to me examining the contents of the fruit bowl.  So far I have heard "nana", "appe" and "boo".  These mean banana, apple and bowl!! She decided she wanted a banana too so we're currently sharing one.

It's lovely that we share so much now and I really hope when the new baby is here she stays just as fun, giggly and keen to explore everything.  I will have to ensure I give her loads of time and attention.

How do I feel just now?  Tired in all honesty.  Buzz got up early with her today at 6.10am and I lay in until 8am.  I needed to catch up!  Hopefully we can carry on dividing and conquering so Buzz and I both get enough rest over the coming months with him working hard and me looking after Posey and running our businesses!

Life is good, I'm extremely lucky,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment