Tuesday 4 June 2013

5 weeks 2 days pregnant....baby brain?!

I'm into week 6 now of baking a new baby Coco and wow, I feel fortunate.  I feel truly blessed.

I also feel pretty un-energetic, hungry all the time, uncomfortable from the yucky crinone and a bit fat.  I can more than cope with all this though, as I am now just 2 weeks off my viability scan.  It is a week since Buzz and I found out our IVF with ICSI treatment had been successful.

I am currently sitting in my garden 'working' while Posey is at nursery.  I honestly have done some work today.  I won't bore you with the details but I am setting up a new business venture and have been writing my website text today.  The cats are in the garden with me, my guinea pig is watching the washing swinging away on the line and the rabbits are sunbathing!

I'm not sure at what point the dreaded 'baby brain' sets in during pregnancy, and even if it ever goes away after the baby is born to be honest but I must admit I do feel really forgetful right now.  If I don't write something down it didn't happen.  I have been like this since i was just a few months pregnant with Posey.  I have decided to put this down to the fact I can no longer just think about myself, my agenda and what I'm doing.  My life and time are taken up with thinking about Posey and baby Coco every second of the day.  If Posey is at nursery I wonder what she's up to, what she's eating, what she's playing with, what new words she's learnt and how many times she's said "Mummy". Now I also continually wonder if baby coco will be a boy or girl, how he/she and Posey will grow up together and how lovely it will be to have a newborn again.  Right now I don't let myself think past that point as I am only 5 weeks pregnant so there is a long long way to go.  I must think positively though.

And as for the baby brain, well, I think it's here forever!!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment