Monday 10 June 2013

6 weeks pregnant!

Today I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I still find saying that quite overwhelming and have to pinch myself to realise it's true!

How am I feeling?

Pretty exhausted to tell the truth.  It seems most hrs find the tiredness of the first trimester hard to cope with.  Your body goes through so many changes and your hormones go off the scale!  During my first trimester with Posey I was working full time and used to get home and just zonk on the sofa. This time thankfully I don't have work to contend with (as I pick & choose my work) but of course I have Posey to run around after.  Not easy!  I often take a lunchtime nap while she naps and I tend to be in bed by 9.30pm.  I have to look after myself and conserve my energy!

I've only had 1 day of nausea so far (I had none with Posey) but I think that day may have been down to tiredness more than anything.  I've had cravings for salt.  Things like salty chips, crisps and peanuts!  I've also been trying to keep my iron levels up by eating lts of green veg (I'm vegetarian so no meat or fish for me!)

I feel quite anxious still as it's such early days in my pregnancy but I also feel a little excited.  I think about things like turning our 4th bedroom into a nursery, testing out double pushchairs, finding out if we're having a boy or a girl, being able to properly announce we're expecting again and having a baby bump!!

I have a viability scan on Tue 18 June so until then I'm trying not to let my mind run away with itself.  I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong though so I will keep thinking +ve and hopefully the next week will go quickly.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment