Tuesday 18 June 2013

7 weeks 3 days pregnant. My viability scan day..

I really don't like to call it a 'viability' scan but that seems to be what it's known as.  At around 7 weeks of pregnancy the clinic expect to see that the foetus has a heartbeat.  They also check that you are not having an ectopic pregnancy, how many babies there are in there and that said babies are measuring correctly versus gestation.  The clinic also check that you are producing enough progesterone to support the yolk sack carrying the baby until the placenta takes over at around 12 weeks.

I have my viability scan this afternoon and boy am I nervous!  I feel excited too that I will see my little blueberry on the screen with a little flashing heartbeat but terrified in case something isn't as it should be.  I guess feeling like that is totally natural, especially after experiencing IVF to fall pregnant.

At my viability scan with Posey I heard the words "we have a pregnancy! Don't plan too much for the end of September will you!" Oh how I long to hear those words again.  I really hope my nausea, sore boobs, extreme tiredness and bloating means everything is happening as it's meant to.

Wish me luck!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment