Sunday 5 January 2014

36 weeks pregnant :)

Today I am 36 weeks pregnant! This is the most pregnant I have ever been now by a good few days and I am currently sitting in my kitchen at the breakfast bar wide awake at 4.42am.  Why?  Who knows! I think pregnancy insomnia can be very random & impossible to understand. It's just one of those things, but for me, undoubtedly prepares you for broken sleep in grey months ahead.

Posey is sleeping with the side off her cotbed, replaced with a bedrail, for the first time tonight, and that was very much on my mind last night & when I went to bed, so perhaps that's got my mind working overtime.  Needless to say she's still sleeping like an angel! Buzz and I wondered what would happen tomorrow morning & if she's just get herself out of bed & come into our room...we will see! The stair gates are shut so she can't wander up & downstairs!

Now that I've gone past the point at which posey was born, slightly after 35 weeks I'm wondering if I may be pregnant for a good few weeks yet & even go full term (or more...) what a feat that would be for me!  I have my heart set on a water birth now and hopefully being in & out of hospital quickly so I'm not away from home & Posey for long.  The anxiety I felt over potentially having another early birth had certainly lifted somewhat over the last few days :)

It had been so long since I packed my hospital bags that I replaced the baby's bag yesterday & swapped her blanket and sleep suits for done different ones.  Buzz and I have bought her so many lovely things and now I just look forward to the day she arrives & gets to wear them.  She will be beautiful.

How am I feeling?

Elated to give got this far!

A little tired some days.  Posey has been off preschool over Christmas and new year (which has been fantastic) but she starts again on Tuesday, so when I need to I will be able to nap during the day again.  She's like a little energy machine.  Up from 8am-6.30pm without hardly taking a breath!! I
think she probably has her fair share of terrible-twos moments but on the whole she's a very good girl.

Prepared! Our baby's nursery is literally ready to use! I feel a bit nervous about unpack again things like the steriliser, monitor, bugaboo, baby bjorn, bouncer etc at the moment but then we'll be able to do all that once we're home from hospital and the most important thing is that she arrives safe & well.

Buzz bought a flashy juicing machine last week and has been preparing all sorts of yummy, healthy juices.  They've really helped me feel energetic & good in the mornings after a night of broken sleep. Tomorrow he is planning to make carrot, orange & beetroot juice.  Yesterday we had apple, carrot & lemon juice.  Really really tasty :) it's a Sage juicer.  I believe John Lewis stock a good range of them and they're well worth a look.  Perhaps I'll do a pits pregnancy juice diet!

Over and out for now peeps.  Here's to lots more days of pregnancy :) x



No comments:

Post a Comment