Tuesday 28 January 2014

It's nearly POP time! Or is it...?

Well hello.  And here I am sitting at my breakfast bar with a nice cup of raspberry leaf tea (my third today so far) and a tub of chopped pineapple that my lovely Ocado driver delivered for me this morning.  Yep, I'm ready to have my baby!

Today I am 39+2 weeks pregnant.  4 weeks more pregnant than I ever was with Posey.  I honestly do feel great though.  I feel energetic, healthy, I'm eating well and I'm sleeping well.  I'm pretty fortunate.  My body is by no means too tired of being pregnant, I just really really want to meet my baby now.  Buzz & Posey do aswell.  We're all ready whenever she is ready to appear!

I started a bit of an eviction process on Saturday (it's Tuesday today) and have been drinking plenty of raspberry leaf tea since then plus lots of pineapple.  So far.....nothing!

I had my first acupuncture session today aswell.  I found it very relaxing.  My acupuncturist said my body had responded well.  If nothing happens for the remainder of this week I'll see her again on Saturday.  I also walked briskly there and back (only 10 mins either way) as I thought walking might stir my baby into action!

My baby has been fully engaged for around 2 months now and 'deeply engaged' (I'm not sure what the difference is) for a couple of weeks now so she's ready to go all right!

I'm really keen to deliver my baby over the next few days for a number of reasons:

1. With IVF / ICSI treatment your dates are so accurate so I know I will be exactly 40 weeks pregnant on Sunday.  Passing your due date increases the risks of having an assisted birth / c section / big baby.

2. At 37+3 weeks I had a little scan and the estimated weight for my baby that day was 7lb 1oz.  That was 2 weeks ago so today she could well weigh around 8lb.  If I go past my due date she could be close to 8 and a half pounds! That's a big baby for me to deliver given I usually weigh around 8 stone, I'm only 5ft 3 and Posey only weighed 5lb 1oz at birth.

3. My pelvic floor has not been particularly great since Posey was born (no running or jumping for me..) and of course Posey was very small at birth.  I do fear what delivering a big baby naturally could do to me.

4.  I really really want to go into hospital, have my baby and then be home within hours. Posey and I were in for 10 days after she was born and it was very tough.  I'm desperate for a better experience this time.  In order for this to hopefully happen, I'll need a straightforward, natural birth, hopefully on a birthing pool.  An assisted birth or c section could mean a longer stay and harder recovery.  It's almost impossible to actually have your 100% ideal birth scenario but I do have a clear idea about what I want this time and want to achieve as much of it as possible.

Something else I plan to throw into the eviction plan is reflexology.  My best friend's mum practises reflexology so come my due date on Sunday, if the baby isn't here, I shall go and see her!

All in all, things are good and I just really want to hold my baby now and bring her home x










No comments:

Post a Comment