Wednesday 27 March 2013

Thinking about our consultation yesterday

This morning = shattered. com.  Literally.  I think my mind has been working overtime & my state of mind was certainly not helped just now as Posey was very reluctant to go to nursery.  It breaks my heart when she has mornings like this.  However the fact of the matter is I need to work.  I have businesses to run and I need to earn money.  She only goes 2 days a week so thankfully I still have 5 days with her every week :)

I start my down-regulation injections in preparation for our ICSI treatment on 15 April so there's less than 3 weeks to go now! 3 weeks until I become a pin cushion once more! I am counting down the days.  I've always been impatient.....

I've been taking my folic acid supplements for 6 weeks already and am eating a very good diet so I know I am preparing well.  I don't do much exercise but I do run around after Posey and I'm only litte anyway.  My focus needs to be on being emotionally prepared for what the hormones are going to do to me.  It's like bad PMT x 25 million :(

On reflection, yesterday was good.  The dates are in the diary and look something like this:
10 April - pick up down reg drugs and learn how to use them.
15 April - start down reg drugs
29 April - baseline scan (to make sure my body isn't doing anything fertility-wise..)
30 April (ish) - start gonal-f (hormone injections) to make me produce lots of eggs :) this is where my hormones will go off the scale!!!!!
Around 15 May - egg collection & semen sample.  The day after we find out how many embryos we have, if any...
2 days later - embryo transfer or if we're lucky it'll be blastocyst transfer after 5 days.

Bring. It. On x

No comments:

Post a Comment