Tuesday 28 May 2013

The day of my pregnancy blood test!

I have longed for today ever since Buzz and I started this IVF cycle.  In fact, ever since we had our consultation at the end of March, so a good couple of months.  It is now 15 days after my egg collection and 10 days after my day 5 blastocyst transfer of 1 embryo.

Do I feel pregnant today? No, not really.
Do I not feel pregnant today? No, not really.
What I do know is I only slept for about 5 hours last night and today I just feel 'strange'.  My breathing is tight, like I'm about to hyperventilate or something.  I have a sicky feeling in my tummy. I woke up at 6am starving again although I could hardly eat any of my cereal.  I just didn't feel like it.  Posey didn't eat her breakfast either.  It was like she could sense I had something major on my mind! My tummy is churning and I'm not really 'with it' today.  The tummy cramps I was getting yesterday afternoon have gone thankfully but I feel like my body is just uncomfortable.  I've felt like that for the last few nights in bed.  Not like me at all as I normally sleep like a log as soon as my head hits the pillow!

So Buzz and I have just taken her to nursery for the day.  Buzz is off work all day and will be coming to the clinic with me shortly for my pregnancy blood test.  The blood test detects the level of HCG in your blood by a quantitative method.  Regular home pregnancy tests detect the HCG qualitatively, meaning it is possible to get a false BFP or BFN.  I don't want a false result!  I'm very proud of having waited until my blood test today.  It has driven me mad at times but deep down I just want to know the right result, and thankfully today has finally arrived.

Buzz and I are off to do the 45 minute drive to the clinic shortly.  Let's hope for a BFP!

x

x

No comments:

Post a Comment