Sunday 12 May 2013

My (injection free) day before egg collection

So last night at 10pm I injected my HCG trigger shot, which will get all of my mature eggs ready for collection!  Was it painful?  Yep, it hurt all right.  It was the most painful and longest injection of the lot, but also the nicest as it was the last one.  Afterwards, I had a nice bowl of coco shreddies and then off I went to bed.

The bloated feeling is definitely still here today, but then I imagine it'll be here until at least after egg collection tomorrow.  This time tomorrow my eggs will have been collected and will (hopefully) be being fertilised.  I hope I feel ok after egg collection.  I was quite sick last time and Buzz had to stop the car on the way home.  I was ok once I got home though and just had a big afternoon nap.

I guess today I feel happy that I have no more injections.  But I also feel anxious and nervous.  Not about the egg collection procedure itself but about how many eggs we'll get and how many will fertilise and become embryos.  I'm scared we'll get no eggs! Then I think if we do get eggs collected none will fertilise!  Who knows.. We will see tomorrow and then the next day when we make the call to the clinic to see how any fertilisation has gone overnight.

Fingers and toes crossed please x


No comments:

Post a Comment