Thursday 16 May 2013

Day 3 after my egg collection and a big decision to make

So today is day 3 after egg collection.  I am very very happy to say that Buzz and I still have 11 viable embryos.  I can't quite believe it.  It's a football team!

I'm also happy to be having day 5 blastocyst transfer this time.  With Posey, as we only had 1 embryo we had day 2 transfer.  Things feel quite different this time.  We're still a long way off me actually being pregnant and being able to look forward to a new arrival however.  Even with day 5 blastocyst transfer the success chances they quote are around the 50% mark.  Buzz and I ave to really hope we're in the successful 50%.

I feel ok today.  The last couple of days plus my EC day I have had pretty uncomfortable tummy pains and bloating.  Not nice.  Having said that i've only had 1 Panadol since EC so it's not like I'm in a lot of pain.  I'm very used to being busy being mum to Posey and running my businesses and not really just chilling out.  I'm normally a bundle of energy but I haven't felt like that this week!

One thing is very much on my mind.  How many embryos should we have put back in, all being well on day 5...?  My head says 1.  My heart says 2.  I love being a mum.  I'm 35.  I don't have forever.  But I only carried Posey to 35 weeks so would I be putting the babies' as well as my health at risk by trying to carry 2.  Buzz and I have A LOT of thinking to do....what a flattering position to be in but what a conundrum....

x


No comments:

Post a Comment