Tuesday 7 May 2013

Day 7 of stimming + scan

Today I had my first scan since I started on the stims.  I felt pretty nervous this morning to be honest. I think it's very easy to feel like nothing is going on inside you and wonder whether all these injections are actually doing anything!

Anyway...I had my scan before my bloods today, which was a relief as I felt like I was about to explode with anticipation.  My first sigh of relief was when the nurse said my uterus lining was thickening up nicely.  The sighs of relief kept coming as she then counted and measured my follicles - 20 in total, the biggest of which is 18mm!!!  No wonder I've been feeling a bit bloated.  I'm only short and a size 8 on a heavy day so all these little follicles must be pushing my tummy out to make space for themselves!

At the end of my scan the nurse said things were coming along nicely.  It was so good to hear that.

Next up I had my bloods.  They went fine and unless I get a call from the clinic this afternoon I'm to stick with my 0.2 suprecur and 150 Gonal f for tonight and tomorrow until I go for my next scan on Thursday morning.

This round of IVF seems to be remarkably similar to my Posey round as my follicles are growing at the same pace.  Amazing given I'm 2.5 years older and am 35!

The nurses estimate my egg collection will be on Monday, which will be day 12.  Wow, only 5 days away!

When I go for my scan on Thursday I'll have to take Posey with me as she won't be at nursery that day.  The nurses reassured me today that it'll be fine and they'll help to keep her occupied while I'm having my scan and bloods.  They sad they'd love to meet her seeing as she's 'one of their babies.'  It must be nice for them to see babies that they helped to conceive.  It must be right up there in terms of job satisfaction!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment