Wednesday 1 May 2013

My baseline scan

So after 2 weeks of down ragging yesterday was my baseline scan!  It felt like a big day in the diary because if all was well, I'd be able to start my stims injections this week.  It felt like we'd hopefully move onto the next phase of our IVF treatment.

Here's how the day went....

I woke up feeling very nervous but thankfully my appointment was at 9.30am so I didn't have long to wait.  Buzz and I took Posey to nursery and off we went!  Thankfully the clinic was running on time and I had my blood, scans and review all within an hour.  The scan showed that I had 6-8 follicles in my left ovary and around 10 in my right - good numbers to start the stimming - hurray!! The lining of my uterus was also nice and thin and my bloods came back ok so the nurses are letting me start the stims today!!!!

Buzz and i felt very relieved when we left the clinic and happy that we could move on to the next stage of treatment.  Buzz is going to help me with my first stims injection tonight.  Of course I did it all last time when we conceived Posey but the injection pens have changed since then so 2 brains will be better than 1!

Buzz and I spent the rest of the day together, browsing the shops and having a nice lunch together before we picked up Posey from nursery.  Then last night, I worked! Life goes on hey!

Roll on 7pm tonight x

No comments:

Post a Comment