Monday 13 May 2013

Egg Collection day!

Hurray - today is the day!  I'm not sure the word excitement describes how I feel but I certainly feel nervous with anticipation and anxious about them not being able to collect my eggs / how many eggs they'll collect / how those eggs will fertilise....all very normal concerns I'm sure.

We were at the clinic on time ths morning at 7.30am and since then one of the nurses has talked me through what's happening before the procedure.  She has also taken my temperature and blood pressure, both of which are ok :)

I know the consultant who will be in charge of my egg collection.  He seems like a nice chap so I feel ok that it's him.

I have a few forms to read through about recovery after egg collection and a little tick box sheet for what kind of sandwich I fancy once I'm ready - nice! I think I might play safe & go with cheese on brown bread.

Buzz has also filled in his form before he goes to 'do his bit.'  I think he's feeling quite nervous...

The consultant is coming to see me in about half an hour and by then I imagine the nurses will have told me to get into my gown.  It's a bit chilly in here just now so I hope it warms up!) and then I'll have a pethidine injection to help relax me and local anaesthetic plus a suppository (yuck!). I coped last time though so i'm sure I'll be ok today.  I get painful and uncomfortable things in perspective these days by reminding myself that I've had a baby so I can cope with anything lol!

I'm feeling quite relaxed just now.  Buzz and I are sitting in my room reading magazines and blogging!  Buzz has just gone to get a cup of tea.  God I could murder a cup of tea.  Not for me until after egg collection though...

Over & out.  Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me ths morning please.  Once I'm all done & feel ok I'll write an update.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment