Saturday 18 May 2013

My day 5 blastocyst transfer

Phew! We've had our transfer today.  I can honestly say there was no discomfort and it was all over within 20 minutes.

We had 5 grade A blastocysts, which is an absolutely amazing result and we're feeling really proud of ourselves.  The clinic asked us how many we'd like to have transferred.  Buzz and I had already talked it through in detail and we decided on just 1.  Although i'm 35 (36 ths year!) I only carried Posey to 35 weeks and ten she spent 10 days on neonatal care.  With everything in mind, we decided 2 would carry more risks and 1 was the right answer.

For transfer, the consultant inserts a speculum inside you (like a cervical smear) and then the embryo is placed inside you on the end of a long catheter.  Buzz and I watched it all on the monitor and at the end there was a little bright white light shining away in my ovary.  Our little ray of light.

And now begins the 2 week wait.  Although it's actually a 9 day wait!  We have a blood test on Tue 28 May to establish whether or not I am pregnant.  Not counting today and that day there are only 9 days between now and then!  Not long at all.  With Posey we had a 16 day wait so this wait will be shorter.

I don't have too much planned for the next 10 days or so.  Just plenty of family time and time with Posey.  I'll work when I need to but as I have my businesses I'm fortunate that I can pick and choose my hours and how much work I do.

I must continue taking my crinone progesterone supplements (lovely as they are...) as they will help my uterus get used to the idea of pregnancy.  Other than that, I can carry on as normal.  I'll eat well, get plenty of rest and enjoy Posey time!

One more thing....I am PUPO...pregnant until proven otherwise!!!!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment