Tuesday 28 May 2013

My BFP!!!

Wow, Buzz and I are stunned.  We feel like the most fortunate couple in the world.  The results of my pregnancy blood test came back within an hour this morning and showed that I am indeed PREGNANT!!!!

Buzz and I just looked at each other and both filled up.  The relief and happiness we felt was just amazing.  We feel so fortunate to have conceived on our first cycle with Posey and also to have conceived on this cycle.

The level of HCG in my blood test was 317. The nurse explained they look for anything above 50 as a positive result.  She said 317 was very strong.  That was such a nice thing to hear.

Have I cried with happiness yet?  A little bit yes but I'm sure it will all come out once I'm chilled at home.  I can't believe I'm 4 weeks pregnant!

What's next?
I'm booked in to have a viability scan at the clinic on day 35, which is 35 days after egg collection.  It will happen on June 18th.  We had a viability scan with Posey too.  They do the scan at 35 days as by that point they can detect a heartbeat and also check to make sure the pregnancy isn't ectopic.  With Posey, the 35 day scan was the point at which we felt like it was really happening.  We saw a little coffee bean on the screen.  It was an amazing moment and I cried with happiness.  Roll on 18 June.  I want that feeling again.

Tonight I will feel like the luckiest girl alive.  I thought 1 miracle would be my lot but now I have another on the way.  It's such early days and feels very frightening but I will look after myself well and take each day as it comes.

Thanks to everyone who has sent me messages of support,

x

1 comment: