Sunday 22 December 2013

34 weeks pregnant!

Wow! So today I am 34 weeks pregnant! I can't quite believe how close the big day is getting but I sure am feeling pretty excited, and I do feel ready.  I think posey is excited but Buzz isn't quite ready...it will be a bolt out of the blue when things start to happen.  A lot of dads I know have been like this - they shut it out until they need to spring into action.  Not like us mums to be - we must be mentally & physically prepared!!

Today Buzz has taken Posey to the park & soft play.  He's had plenty of work functions and long days in the run up to Christmas so Posey and I have had lots of time with just the two of us.  Lovely of course, but pretty full on as she's now dropped her daytime nap and with my huge bump soft play isn't really for me just now!!

I saw my midwife last week & all seems well with the baby, thankfully.  She believes the baby is engaged though, so could arrive very soon or could stay put for a while yet.  Having had steroid injections at 30wks to help mature the baby's lungs, I feel ok about an early arrival as the neonatal-stay risk will be a little lower.  I gave my heart set on being in and out of hospital pretty quickly this time so things aren't too unsettled for Posey.

I feel good.  Between loo breaks, drinks, snacks, achy legs, baby kicking at night etc I squeeze in 7-8hrs of sleep each night, which is pretty amazing! I'm really on top of things at home & I've handed over my businesses it staff now so I'm getting plenty of chill out time.

My midwife dates calculated that Posey was born at 35+5 weeks but my IVF dates were 35+1 weeks.  Based on those latter dates if this one is as impatient as Posey I could be giving birth in 8 days time - what a happy new year that would be!!! Babies really do work to their own agenda.  I'm ready whenever she's ready to pop out.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment