Sunday 21 July 2013

Hurray hurray! 12 weeks pregnant today!

Wowzers, I feel like I've reached a magical milestone today - the 12 week mark!

I feel very fortunate to have just written the above sentence as my twitter feed is currently littered with a lot of BFNs, news of miscarriage, girls not responding to IVF treatment and those waiting to start treatment.  Pregnancy really is a blessing and does not always come easily.

Today Buzz, Posey and I are just chilling at home.  It's the perfect family Sunday really as the weather is lovely and we can use the garden.  We have all the patio doors open at the back of the house so we can just potter around!

Tuesday is a big day as that's when Buzz and I have our 12 week scan to confirm dates and ensure the baby is developing correctly,  I have no reason to believe things aren't as they should be but naturally there's fear in my mind that something might not be right.  I have lots of things to keep me busy until Tuesday and then our scan is at 8.50am so will be here before I know it hopefully.

Tuesday is also Posey's first day at preschool.  She's now 23 months and is graduating from nursery to preschool at her current school.  She has to wear a uniform from now on! Scary stuff!  Hopefully she'll settle in well.  Lots of her friends are moving with her so she'll be with familiar faces.

I had to start taking Pregaday iron tablets this week as my iron levels were low.  I had been feeling very very tired and a little dizzy from time to time and now I feel much less so, so hopefully they ,ve made a good difference.  I have to take them until the baby arrives.

I'm also still taking my pregnacare supplements daily as well as my crinone progesterone pessaries each day.  I have to take my crinone each evening until I'm 13 weeks and then every 2 evenings until I'm 14 weeks.  By then the placenta will have taken over from the yolk sack and my body will no longer need the extra progesterone.  Much as it puts my mind at rest taking it at the moment, I'll be pleased to stop as it is a little yucky!!

Wish me luck for Tuesday x

No comments:

Post a Comment