Sunday 7 July 2013

10 weeks pregnant :)

Yay! So today is officially the day when our embryo turns into a foetus! We're also 25% of the way through my pregnancy.  How time flies.

I'm feeling pretty good just now.  I'm exhausted by 9.30pm but I have my energy back during the day and my nausea seems to have passed.  Hopefully it'll stay that way.  I've been enjoying lots of time outside with Posey in the sunshine over the last week but I'm having to wear as high a factor as her as my skin seems very sensitive to the sun.  I'm drinking loads and loads of water too to keep me hydrated.

Buzz and I went to our booking appointment this week too.  It was all fairly straightforward but the hospital have put me under consultant care this time rather than sole midwife-care as Posey arrived prematurely.  I feel ok about it as I am terrified this baby will arrive early too, so the more care I get, the better.

My 12 week scan is booked for 23 July, which is a little over 2 weeks away.  I'll be 12+2 that day.  As I'll be 36 when the new baby arrives we have opted to have the nuchal fold scan as well as the dating scan.  The nuchal fold scan assesses the likelihood of our baby having downs syndrome as well as other chromosome-related conditions. We had the nuchal fold scan when I was pregnant with Posey too and the odds came back as a 55,000:1 chance of her having a condition, which was considered very low risk.

So for the next 2 weeks I will continue to look after myself and enjoy my pregnancy.  I'm eating well,  sleeping well and feeling pretty ok.  I feel fortunate, very fortunate.  Buzz, Posey and I are off to Norfolk for a little holiday tomorrow to recharge our batteries.  The weather is forecast to be lovely and sunny all week!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment