Sunday 14 July 2013

11 weeks pregnant :)

Hurray hurray, just one more week until 'ok'! In theory....

I think you read a lot about how the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are the most critical and then after that, coupled with your 12 week scan, the risk of miscarriage reduces dramatically and it's kind of ok to start announcing your pregnancy to friends and colleagues.

Buzz and I announced my pregnancy with Posey when I was around 13 weeks and we'd had the results of our nuchal fold scan back, which gave us a low risk of Down's syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities.  I already had a bit of a bump, and we felt we'd waited so long that it was finally OUR turn to announce our pregnancy.  What an amzing feeling that was!

On my 12 week scan I will actually be 12+2 and we will have our nuchal fold scan that day too.  I have a bump already! I'm naturally somewhere between a size 6-8 so being petite, my bump is quite obvious.  I've been hiding it with skinny jeans and loose fitting tops.  I'm looking forward to not having to do that for much longer!

Buzz and I have decided that we'll wait until we have our nuchal fold scan results again before we announce our current pregnancy. I imagine I'll be somewhere between 13-14 weeks by then so going into my second trimester.

So how am I feeling just now?

Bit mixed tbh.  At my booking appt when I was 9+3 they did standard blood tests and yesterday I received a letter in the post advising me to collect sme iron tablets from my maternity unit as I'm anaemic.  I felt like crying, like I'd let us down.  I took iron supplements through my pregnancy with Posey but not until around 20 weeks.  I've been feeling pretty exhausted again over the last 2 weeks and a little dizzy from time to time, so I guess that's explained by my iron deficiency.  I'm vegetarian, so although I take my pregnacare supplements, of course I don't get iron through meat.  While pregnant with Posey, I had regular nosebleeds too, and I had one 2 days ago, so perhaps they're going to feature in this pregnancy too!

Apart from that & some bloating (which I'm blaming on my crinone progesterone supplements) I'm ok! Enjoying being pregnant! Definitely looking forward to our 12 week scan next week too.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment