Wednesday 3 April 2013

Emotions that come with wanting a baby

While you're going though fertility treatment you can really educate yourself on the drugs you take, the fertility investigations you'll go through, the waiting, the procedures......

It's very easy to think you'll sail through it as long as you 'carry on as normal.'  I absolutely felt that way last time, before we conceived Posey, but this time I kinda know what's coming my way emotionally too, and I'm finding it hard to get my head around it in all honesty.

There are so many highs and lows that come with fertility treatment and I guess you have to hope it all ends with a high!  So far:

Setting the consultation date = high
Waiting for that date = low
Having our consultation = high
Realising it would be another 20 odd days until we start my down-reg drugs = low
Imagining having another baby = high
Imagining it not working = low

Way too many things to think about!!! Help me - advice please to keep my emotions under control?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment