Wednesday 19 June 2013

My 7 week viability scan

Phew! So yesterday afternoon was our 7 week viability scan and Buzz & I went off to the clinic.  We were both pretty nervous....but it was fine!

We feel like the most fortunate couple in the world.  Firstly, to have Posey, and secondly for me to now be 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant with Coco no.2 :). Words cannot express our happiness.

Within seconds of 'dildo cam' being employed the nurse said she could see the foetus, the yolk sack and a little flashing light, which was just amazing.  The flashing light was the heartbeat, and it was so so good to see.  She measured the foetus at 11.1mm, which is the equivalent of 7 weeks 2 days gestation, perfect! The foetus has embedded in my womb nicely too, so no worries about an ectopic pregnancy.  We were in and out with big smiles on our faces within 20 minutes and a lovely picture of Coco jnr.  Such an amazing feeling and although it's still very early days in my pregnancy, I feel much more relaxed than I did yesterday.

This morning I saw my GP, who was over the moon for me.  He has booked me onto antenatal care and my first appointment with a midwife will be in around 3 weeks time.  It's called the 'booking appointment' where the midwife checks all your details, gives you your file of notes and discusses your health and any previous pregnancies.  Normally on second and subsequent pregnancies midwife check ups are planned less frequently but given Posey was born prematurely I'd like the same care, if not more from 30 weeks onwards, so I will mention that.

So, now I need to keep looking after myself!  I will go on this afternoon with a bowl of grapes in the garden and an evening in front of the TV...oh, and I may browse the maternity ranges at Topshop.com and ASOS :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment